Saturday, March 6, 2010

An Introduction

This is my first blog. I'm no writer so I hope that whoever reads this will cut me a little slack.

Before I get to the reason behind this blog I'd like to say a few things about myself so that the reader can understand my perspective. I hope this will help you, help me.

So let's get started!

Have you ever met someone who knew, when they were 7 or 8, exactly what they wanted to do with their life? Maybe they wanted to be a firefighter, a police officer, a engineer, a biologist, or a priest. Well this story starts off a little like that - I wanted to make microchips and I wanted to serve Satan.

Today I do both.

Now where did I hear about Satan? Well church of course! And I have always hedged my bets that God, Satan, Heaven and Hell were precisely what I was taught in the classes I took at a Catholic church down in south central Florida. This means I've been a diabolist for a long time. But that doesn't mean I wear all black or that I'm particularly superstitious either. (I don't believe in magic or spells guys, sorry!)

Now lets jump ahead 20+ years.

About 3 or 4 years ago I became intensely curious about why so many people were attracted to God. So I picked up a few books, surfed a few web pages, and eventually settled on a priest I thought I could confide in. I chose to talk to a Catholic priest because I already held so many of the same beliefs Catholics do and he has been a great deal of help to me so far.

This priest has a lot of lofty ideals. So 6 months ago I went out on a limb and tried to introduce myself to the culture. (Meaning I went to Mass and spoke to people, even enrolled in RCIA, not that I told them I was a satanist.) I just wanted to see if anyone lived up to what I'd been hearing for years now from this priest. Unfortunately, I found exactly what I encountered every day of my life to this point. That's to say, I didn't find much at all. I found a lot of disinterested people who knew less about their faith then I do. That was fairly discouraging. How are they going to help me find the answers to my questions when they haven't bothered asking the questions themselves!

And so I come to you!

1 comment: